Passionate about Scotland’s voluntary sector
The Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO) is the national membership organisation for the voluntary sector.
Along with our community of 2,000+ members, we believe that charities, social enterprises and voluntary groups make Scotland a better place.
We support the sector to achieve its ambitions through delivering services, by giving the sector a voice at a national level and by championing innovation and improvement.
For example, we lobby Government on policy issues, create jobs for young people and support organisations to embrace and promote digital skills. We also help with the day-to-day stuff, like affordable office space, discounted training courses, funding opportunities and information and support to help people set up and run their organisations.
- To find out what we’ve been working on over the past year, take a look at our annual review
- For the latest updates, take a look at our press releases or follow us on Twitter
- To find out what we’re planning over the next few years, take a look at our Strategic Plan for 2019-22
- For more about the modern voluntary sector in Scotland, see our #ILoveCharity campaign page
- To find out more about working and volunteering in Scotland’s voluntary sector, take a look at our guide
- Mansfield Traquair Centre, 15 Mansfield Place, Edinburgh EH3 6BB
- Brunswick House, 51 Wilson Street, Glasgow G1 1UZ
- Edward House, 199 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3EX
- Fairways House, Fairways Business Park, Slackbuie Avenue, Inverness IV2 6AA